Richmond Divorce Attorney
Legal Assistance for Complex Divorces & Property Division
Any divorce proceedings have the potential for getting heated. What was once love between two people has now turned to a bitter conflict. This is not true in all divorce cases, and some are able to work through the problems and make arrangements without having the need for litigation, and some former couples are able to end their marriage amicably with an uncontested divorce. Other people may have had a prenuptial agreement in place which laid out specific asset and property division. While others may be facing complex divorces with lengthy legal battles in order to revolve issues with asset or property division and get what is rightfully theirs. No two divorce proceedings are alike.
There are a number of reasons why divorce proceedings may be difficult. Some factors which can contribute to a complex divorce include:
- Infidelity by either party. After infidelity in a marriage, it can be difficult for the two parties to be in the same room together, much less be able to come to an amicable agreement and settlement.
- Children from the existing, or a previous, marriage. When there are children from a marriage, battling for child custody can be one of the most difficult issues to resolve. Child support, as well as parenting time & visitation rights must be resolved with extreme compassion and care. The impact of a divorce can weigh heavily on the children, so there is no reason to involve them emotionally in the complex divorce proceedings of their parents.
- Income-related issues. If one party makes more money than the other party, or has significantly larger assets, the subject of alimony and division of assets must be resolved.
- Lack of a prenuptial agreement.
- Large estates, significant assets, a family-owned business, a trust fund, a future inheritance or other income-related holding. Money is can be the most difficult issue to resolve, and one that can add additional complexities to divorce proceedings.
At Jamie Zand & Associates, PLLC, understand that if you are embroiled in a complex divorce case you may begin to feel like there is no end in sight. You want to be able to move on with your life, but there are still many issues to resolve and arrangements to finalize with regard to children, property and finances. In cases such as this, we recommend you consult with a knowledgeable Richmond divorce lawyer at our firm. No matter how complex your divorce issues are, we can protect your rights and interests, as well as pursue your personal objectives from start through to resolution. We are here to fight for and protect your legal rights. We will work with you to resolve any remaining disagreements or disputes between you and your ex, help you sort out how property will be justly divided, and ideally assist you in finalizing your divorce so you can move on.
Divorce Lawyer in Texas
Divorce proceedings can become complicated. How do you divide up years of assets and property accumulated during a marriage? You can't divide your home in half, so who is to say which party will get the family home(s)? When determining asset division, amongst other things, it is important you have a divorce attorney from our firm who will represent your best interests. While we do all possible to resolve issues outside of the courtroom through negotiation, should a trial be necessary, we will be there to represent you.
With many years of experience representing clients facing divorce, we are here to review your situation, advise you of the best course of action to pursue, and find the best way to legally pursue your personal objectives in a high net worth divorce.
If you are facing divorce and one or both parties have substantial assets and property, contact a Richmond divorce attorney at our firm today.